Bonjour bonjour! I arrived in the Dordogne Valley on Wednesday afternoon, and am here until Saturday afternoon exploring the area with the Brive Tourism Board! It’s totally beautiful here- lush and green, with the most charming centuries-old villages dotted here and there throughout the valley. We spent most of the past day and a half in the countryside, and now have moved across into Brive itself. So far, the trip’s involved food, more food, wine, more wine, and…rockclimbing. Yep. You read that right. I climbed a mountain. Strapped into a harness, attached via two little carabiners to a safety rope, and clambering up a sheer rock face. It was totally terrifying (I did have an actual panic at one point and couldn’t work out how to breathe, let alone how to pull myself up giant vertical rocks!), and also exhilarating, and then terrifying some more. It also made the next glass of wine we drank that day oh so necessary for post-climbing relaxation! ;) I’ll be sharing more from the trip next week, so watch this space! In the meanwhile, here’s a round up of all the tiny stuff that’s made this week so far a lovely one…
1. Tasting so much incredible French wine! I never, ever would’ve thought I’d be enjoying wine as much as I am- up until maybe about 18 months ago, the closest I came to drinking wine was the occasional glass of super sweet rose! Guess my palette has *finally* started to grow up!
2. Having enough points on my Boots card to pick up the Essie polish I’d been angling after. S C O R E.
3. Writing Jason the notes I always leave him to read each evening when I’m out of the country. It’s my most favourite of all our traditions (he keeps them all, too!)
4. Snapchat! I swore I’d not succumb to using a new form of social media, but lo and behold…I did. Find me at ciderwithrosieb, if you fancy following along with the nonsense…
5. Taking Jason out for surprise drinks at Pennyhill Park on Tuesday evening. Wednesday marked exactly one year since he proposed to me in Edinburgh (can you even believe it’s been a year already!), and so because I flew to France on Wednesday so wouldn’t be around to mark the occasion at all, I surprised him with a trip to Pennyhill’s beautiful bar for drinks on the Tuesday night. It was so fun sneaking around and totally catching him unawares! I also had the best passionfruit mojito of my life, which was made it all the more fantastic.
6. Getting RSVPs through the post!
7. Conversations about wedding stuff that go like something like this ‘how about this thing, or this, or this?’ ‘I hate that first thing, and I’m indifferent to those other two things, so just order whichever you fancy.’ We’ve got the whole low-key, low-maintenance wedding planning thing down to an art ;)
8. Driving along in the sunshine, listening to Mumford & Sons and Vance Joy and Haim. Feels so very summery, it makes my heart sing.
9. Lunch with Jason and my Godparents last weekend. We went to collect our wedding rings from the jewellers, then on to lunch at Cote in Guildford. My hands were shaking so much trying on my wedding ring in the jewellers, I can’t even imagine what it’ll be like on the day itself!
10. Chocolate fondant puddings. Maybe I ate two this week. Maybe not. You’ll just never know…
Since I’ve been (and am still!) away most of this week, I’ve not had chance to read all that much. Instead of me linking to posts I’ve read and loved, will you link me to posts you’ve either read and enjoyed, or written and are proud of? Let’s have a ‘show and tell’ in the comments!
Happy Friday, everyone!